Guangdong Yaolong Metal Technology Co., Ltd.
What's question do you have about your project? Leave us a note:
We're not around right now,but leave us your information and we'll get in touch as soon as we can .Thanks! contact us
Bollards are one of the most common products in street furniture. They are used in a wide range of applications, not only to prevent traffic flow from protecting people, but also to and enhance overall site aesthetics. With the development of technology, Bollards have been developed into a variety of materials, the most common of which are stainless steel bollards. Although stainless steel bollards are very durable, they also require daily care and maintenance. Today, Yaolong stainless steel bollards supplier will share a practical news with you the care and maintenance of stainless steel bollards. If you are interested in our article, you can share it on social media, or click the inquiry button to subscribe to us.
Stainless steel bollard care and maintain
316 stainless steel is extremely durable with anti-corrosion properties. Proper care and maintenance will ensure optimal performance over a long service life. Exposure to saline, chlorides, abrasive chemicals, or carbon steel will diminish stainless steel anti-corrosion properties and increase the risk of damage. Exercise caution when handling stainless steel products.
Pay attention to:
1. when you use stainless steel fixed bollard, you may need fittings to install completely, please remember do not use carbon steel or galvanized fasteners to install stainless steel products. Use only stainless steel components and tools to prevent contamination.
2. Do not weld, cut, drill, or grind carbon steel near stainless steel bollards. Because the resulting particles of carbon steel will contaminate stainless steel and lead to rust.
3. Do not use cleaning products containing chlorides or other abrasive chemicals. Chloride ions can corrode stainless steel products.
4. Do not allow chloride solutions or concrete detergents to contact stainless steel. If accidentally touch these, immediately rinse away with water. Wrap stainless steel when power washing nearby surfaces to prevent contact of concrete detergents.
5. Do not use abrasive brushes or scouring pads to wipe stainless steel. Use a soft, lint-free cloth or soft nylon brush unless specified otherwise. For heavier rust deposits, a nylon scouring pad may be required. To minimize alteration of stainless steel finishes, use only ultra-fine nylon pads and rub with the grain.
6. Do not clean stainless steel in direct sunlight or excessive temperatures.
7. Use clean gloves when handling stainless steel products.
Use a soft nylon brush to remove any accumulated dirt and wash with mild soap or detergent. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and wipe dry with a soft cloth. Perform routine inspection and cleaning every 6 months.
The contamination of passivated steel surfaces results from iron/carbon steel contact.
First, use a soft cloth to apply a solution of oxalic acid to the surface and leave on for a few minutes and then rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Stainless steel should not corrode with proper care. If signs of corrosion appear, clean immediately.
Use an all-purpose lubricant or domestic stainless steel cleaner containing calcium carbonate or citric acid. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Use phosphoric acid-based stainless steel cleaner. Spread evenly over the surface, wait 30-60 minutes, then neutralize the acid with an alkaline cleaner (i.e. UNO S F*). Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Consult a professional service provider. A pickling bath with highly corrosive hydrofluoric acid is
required. Once treated, stainless steel can be passivized with mild nitric acid.
When you meet this solution, you’d better use a biodegradable graffiti-cleaning spray or wipe. Avoid using knives or hard scraping tools as these tools may damage the surfaces of stainless steel bollards.
Includes structural compromises such as visible dents, cracks, breaks, and rust that can undermine the integrity of a product.
1. Remove any significant rust as soon as possible to prevent worsening of damage.
2. Remove heavily damaged products from service until a repair or replacement can be made.
3. For broken or missing parts, contact Yaolong stainless steel bollard manufacturers to determine the availability of replacements.
Contact Yaolong stainless steel bollard manufacturers if unsure about the suitability of a stainless steel cleaner. This content is provided for informational purposes only. Any mention of a specific product is not a guarantee of quality or effectiveness. Yalong is not responsible for any improper use or handling of hazardous chemicals.